CAMRA – Ride and Ramble – VALE of BELVOIR
Depart – London Road (bus stop near Iceland) at 08:30 hours Saturday 21st June 2014
After October’s success and by popular demand we are re-visiting the area on the longest day so torches should not be needed. Well-behaved dogs are welcome.
FOOD – those intending to walk most of the sections I advise them to bring along a sandwich etc. as it will be approximately 3:30 pm before we reach The Nags Head where a longer stop is scheduled for chip cobs etc. Those of you missing some sections will have much more opportunity to eat (either on the bus or at other pub stops).
CLOTHING – sturdy footwear and waterproof jacket. Advise a spare dry set to leave on the bus if wet weather is predicted.
The cost for the bus will be between £10.00 and £14.00 per person (depending on numbers).
Approximately 09:15 hrs the bus will drop those walking the first section (3.5 miles) at Belvoir Castle and then travel to Wetherspoons, The Tollemache Arms, Grantham before meeting up with the walkers at the first pub who have agreed to open earlier for us.
The expected arrival times of the walkers at each pub are shown below in bold.
- The RED LION, 2 Red Lion St. Stathern. LE14 4HS (01909) 860868 arrive 11:00 hrs. Approx. 2.6 miles to
- The WHEEL INN, 13 Main St. Branston. NG32 1RU (01476) 860035 arrive 12:50 hrs. Approx. 3.9 miles to
- The NAGS HEAD, 1 Back St. Saltby. LE14 4RN (01476) 860491 arrive 15:25 hrs. Approx. 1.4 miles to
- The CROWN INN, 1 Coston Rd. Sproxton. LE14 4QB (01476) 860035 arrive 17:30 hrs. Approx. 1.8 miles to
- The TOLLEMACHE ARMS, 48 Main St. Buckminster NG33 5SA (01476) 860477 arrive 18:50 hrs. Approx. 1.5 miles
- The BLUE DOG INN, 46 Main St. Sewstern. NG33 5RQ (01476) 860097 20:20 hrs.
The Blue Dog where they serve meals until 21:00 hrs. I will provide menus on the day so that food orders can be phoned through. Those walking the last leg who wish to eat I will collect and telephone their orders through before commencing that leg.
The coach will drop off at London Road/Main St Balderton, Coddington, Beacon Heights, Sherwood Avenue and London Road (departure point).
Please confirm names (and dog numbers) wishing to go ASAP. It’d be great to fill the coach.
Please contact me by email at email@example.com or telephone/text 07971 484372.
(Newark CAMRA Social Secretary)